Friday, May 10, 2013

Best Things About Having A Kidney Stone


The Best Things About Having A Kidney Stone
(in no particular order)

  1. Visiting the ER on Cinco de Mayo
  2. Discovering Toradol - for those times when Morphine just doesn't cut it
  3. Discussing 'favorite stones' with hospital staff
  4. Having a former gang-banger, and my hospital roommate, call me his 'celly'
  5. Having my 'celly' give me his extra tracheostomy kit as a gift
  6. Spending two days either peeing or feeling like I needed to be peeing
  7. Crossing 'urinating blood' off my bucket list
  8. Seeing an x-ray of a foot-long stint up my ureter
  9. Telling the x-ray tech, 'Ureter? I don't even know her!'
  10. Apologizing to the x-ray tech
  11. Getting to use the term, Lithotriptastic!
  12. Peeing through a strainer, looking for remnants of the stone like a turn-of-the-century miner panning for gold
  13. Spending 3 grand on copays and medication
  14. Standing at the toilet, strainer in hand, realizing I was literally pissing my money away

No comments: